Episode 22 of the Death by Discography podcast!
What a week. We make the same bad joke about The Grateful Dead, which pretty much sets the tone. Ned disagrees with Bruce Springsteen for maybe the first time ever, while Christie describes Leonard Cohen (accurately) as ‘just a man in a room’.
ALSO, we discover the meaning of ‘Lief’, talk about stealing sounds, and ALMOST accuse Vampire Weekend of plagiarism. It’s that kind of episode.
Albums this week
- Live/Dead by The Grateful Dead
- Arthur or the Decline and Fall of the British Empire by The Kinks
- In the Court of the Crimson King by King Crimson
- Songs from a Room by Leonard Cohen
- Liege and Lief by Fairport Convention
For a complete list of the songs we mention on the podcast, check out our Spotify playlist.